Whenever you take the first letters of a phrase or title, you are bound to occasionally come up with some funny acronyms. Also, some acronyms stand for an amusing title or phrase.
- BUICK - Big Ugly Import Car Killer
- CHEVY - Can Hear Every Valve Yell, Cannot Have Expensive Vehicle Yet
- DODGE - Drains Or Drops Grease Everywhere, Dead On Day Guarantee Expires
- FORD - Fix or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead, Fatally Obese Redneck Driver
- HOLDEN - Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now
- HONDA - Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
- JEEP - Just Expect Every Problem
- MAZDA - Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along, My! Another Zany Detroit Assassin!
- TOYOTA - Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto
- VOLVO - Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
More Silly Acronyms
The next set of funny acronyms are alphabetized and cover many topics:
- ADD - Americans For Donald Duck
- BADD - Bikers Against Dumb Drivers
- BITE - Beer In The Evening
- CAPER - Conspiracy Against Professors Evading Reality
- DUH - Don't Understand, Huh?
The next group of acronyms is intriguing. They are all countries:
- CHINA - Come Home I Need Affection
- ENGLAND - Every New Guy Leaves After Ninety Days
- FRANCE - Friendships Remain And Never Can End
- HOLLAND - Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
- INDIA - Indians Never Delay In Anything
- ITALY - I Trust And Love You
- NEPAL - Never Ever Part As Lovers
Additional Acronym Fun
For a final twist, here are some acronyms for the word “ACRONYM”:
- Alphabetical Code for Remembering Odd Names You Make up
- A Coded Rendition Of Names Yielding Meaning
- A Contrived Reduction Of Nouns, Yielding Mnemonics
- Another Cryptic Rendition Of Nomenclature You Memorize
OK, some of those were not really funny, just interesting. If you want to try it yourself, just pick a word and make up a word for each letter.
Just for fun, here are some funny abbreviations that were found on hospital notes. Most of them do not make a word; but, they are funny nonetheless.
- ABITHAD - Another Blithering Idiot - Thinks He's A Doctor
- FFFF - Female, Fat, Forty and Flatulent
- FF or FFY - Frequent Flyer - A patient who returns to a medical provider for everything
- GOMER - Get Out of My Emergency Room
- SALT - Same As Last Time
- TEETH - Tried Everything Else; Try Homeopathy
- TEON - Two Eyes One Nose
- TMB - Too Many Birthdays
- TTGA - Told To Go Away
Acronyms and abbreviations are a great way to have fun communication. They can be used in many ways including emails, as well as written and verbal communication.